[GRASS-user] import satellite data in Grass

Martina Schaefer smartina at mun.ca
Thu Jul 3 12:17:06 EDT 2008

Hi Hamish,

>> Yes, I need the lat/lon files only to print some maps for somebody
>> and I'm doing (or at least trying) to do my analysis on the
>> UTM files.
> note you can overlay a lat/lon grid in the UTM projection with
> d.grid -g or -w, or ps.map's geogrid instruction.
Thanks for this hint, it's indeed what I wanted to do ... in the
meanwhile I managed to work on another computer with ArcGIS and I could
print all my maps.
With Grass I still have a lot of troubles...
Regarding the d.grid, I can't chose for the moment different gridspaces
in lot and lat what I would like to.
And overall, I have not yet really understood how to deal with the
graphicsmonitor.
Normally I do my plots just by clicking with the GIS Manager and then
everything appears in 'Map Display 1'. But when I start a graphics
monitor with d.mon x0 I don't manage to get everything in this window,
for ex. my sat. data here is a RGB layer data, with d.rast I get each
color as black and white in the x0 window, but not my real map....

Perhaps I didn't look at the right place, but up to now I didn't found a
documentation on Grass that helped me with this and overall to find
commands adapted to what I want to do...

Thanks for your help anyway

Martina