[GRASS-user] v.in.ogr weird import

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 11:35:15 EDT 2008

Christian, if you shapefiles and you region are with the same
projection/coordinate system, the -o flag is not necessary.

also, the "dsn" option must point to the _directory_ were your shps are. like:

v.in.ogr dsn=/home/poseidon/Work/vector_data/ output=tracklines2
layer=Tracklines2.shp min_area=0.0001 snap=-1

hope this helps

Carlos

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 12:29, Christian Ferreira
<chris.for.lists at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I tried many times to import some vectors into GRASS 6.2.2 and 6.3
> using v.in.ogr.
>
> The problem is... my location use Latitude-Longitude, and I tried use
> the flag -o, but my vectors (once imported) always show now UTM
> projection(?) (see below), but they are in fact, also
> Latitude-Longitude (+proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +no_defs)
> as my region.
>
> And the layer extent is: xMin,yMin -80.817,-10.6663 : xMax,yMax
> -78.7871,-9.05281 (info from QGIS)
>
> PS: to import raster data there was no problem.
>
> PS: the command was: v.in.ogr -o
> dsn=/home/poseidon/Work/vector_data/Tracklines2.shp output=tracklines2
> min_area=0.0001 snap=-1
>
>  +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>  | Layer:           tracklines2 at poseidon                         |
>  | Mapset:          poseidon                                          |
>  | Location:        M77                                                 |
>  | Database:        /home/poseidon/grass                          |
>  | Title:                                                                     |
>  | Map scale:       1:1                                                       |
>  | Map format:      native                                                    |
>  | Name of creator: poseidon                                                  |
>  |   Map is 3D:              0
>  |   Number of dblinks:      1
>  |         Projection: UTM                                                    |
>  |               N:   9:03:10.133353S    S:  10:39:58.771218S                 |
>  |               E:  78:47:13.733701W    W:  80:49:01.374885W                 |
>  |   Digitization threshold: 0
>  |   Comments:
>  |                                                                            |
>  +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>
> Can someone help me?
>
> Best regards,
> Christian
>
> --
> Christian Ferreira
> Poseidon Linux team
> http://sites.google.com/site/poseidonlinux/

 Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
 Geologist M.Sc - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721 - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke

Can't stop the signal.