[GRASS-user] v.in.ogr weird import

Christian Ferreira chris.for.lists at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 7 12:42:13 EDT 2008

Thank you guys, but this I already know... my case is something more weird.

Maybe is because I was messing around with r.shaded.relief (which
formally is suppose to work just with UTM locations, maybe my
gisdatabase is now "confused"... I don't know.

With our without -o, v.in.ogr still import the lat-long data translate
them (while importing) to UTM projection.

And the path for the SHP is right, since I am using the graphical
interface... so, no chance to make mistakes.

Best,
Christian

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 6:19 PM, Maciej Sieczka <tutey at o2.pl> wrote:
> Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann pisze:
>
>> also, the "dsn" option must point to the _directory_ were your shps
>> are. like:
>>
>> v.in.ogr dsn=/home/poseidon/Work/vector_data/ output=tracklines2
>> layer=Tracklines2.shp min_area=0.0001 snap=-1
>
> That's just one option. You can point v.in.ogr at a specifi *.shp file
> as well.
>
> Maciek
>
> --
> Maciej Sieczka