[GRASS-user] r.sim.water compiling error

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Jul 7 14:03:07 EDT 2008

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > I'm trying to compile the r.sim.water module on GRASS6.3.0, but I have this
> > message error:
> >
> > /home/roberto/grass/grass-6.3.0RC6/raster/simwe/r.sim.water/main.c:464:
> > undefined reference to `input_data'
>
> you are using a release candidate (grass-6.3.0RC6), please comsider
> to use the official 6.3.0 version.
>
> Which linux distro do you use? Here it compiles...

Note that I have disabled the raster/simwe directory in SVN trunk.

I was performing clean-up regarding lib/sites, and initially
discovered that the simwe code has some outstanding bugs[1] from when
the G_site_* functions were changed to use vector maps. On further
inspection, I discovered that the code is something of a mess[2], and
needs substantial refactoring rather than just minor tweaks.

[1] E.g. the fact that code is treating the sites "file" like a plain
text file, which it isn't any more, and that it assumes that it will
be closed automatically when the program terminates (true for a plain
text file, not for a vector map).

[2] E.g. the r.sim.* modules each have their own copy of waterglobs.h,
which don't match the library's version.