[GRASS-user] Patching raster maps produced by r.reclass

Dr. Manfred Redslob redslob at gdf-hannover.de
Fri Jul 11 08:24:52 EDT 2008

Am Freitag, 11. Juli 2008 13:56 schrieb Jana K.:
> I have 2 raster maps in the same papset. I needed to complement the null
> values in the first map with values from the second. I used r.patch
> input=map1,map2 output=map3. The resulting map3, however, is an empty map.
> Can the fact that map1 and map2 resulted from r.reclass procedures (the
> original map on which reclass is based still exists) by the cause?

Hi Jana,

please check the actual region. If the region is outside from map1 ad map2 it
must be a null-value map.

Try
g.region -p rast=map1

r.patch in=map1,map2 out=map3

Maby thats the problem,

Manfred

--
Dr. Manfred Redslob

GDF Hannover bR
Gesellschaft fuer Datenanalyse und Fernerkundung
Kontakt: redslob at gdf-hannover.de
Internet: http://www.gdf-hannover.de