[GRASS-user] grass 6.3.0 solaris 10 install errors

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Jul 15 00:46:13 EDT 2008

Moritz Lennert wrote:

> > After a server change, we've attempted to install the latest greatest
> > GRASS -
> > However, we keep getting multiple errors referring to "No such file or
> > directory". I've searched around a little, but haven't found a recent
> > thread on the subject.
> > We're running solaris 10
> > attempting with:
> > configure --with-postgres=no --with-opengl=no --with-fftw=no
> > --with-tcltk=no -with-includes=/usr/local/include/ncurses
>
> No expert on Solaris, but --with-includes=DIRS is defined as "site
> include files are in DIRS"
>
> so defining them as being only the curses include dir sounds wrong...

That's okay. --with-includes= and --with-libs= specify directories
which are added to *every* header or library check (as opposed to
--with-<package>-{includes,libs}= which only apply to specific
packages).

Normally, you would use the package-specific switches, but there
aren't any for curses as it's considered part of the OS rather than a
separate package, so you need to use --with-includes= if it's in a
non-standard location (i.e. if gcc won't find <curses.h> or
<ncurses.h> without any additional -I switches).