[GRASS-user] Re: make a raster index in GRASS

Ivan Shmakov ivan at theory.asu.ru
Wed Jul 16 00:05:30 EDT 2008

 > Hello all, I'd like to generate a raster index polygon file, just
 > like gdaltindex does, but using GRASS rasters as input.  Is there a
 > command I'm overlooking?

	It may depend on the goal, but v.in.region(1) may be of some
	use.

 > If not, any ideas on how to do this?

	Iterating over the set of rasters can be implemented using
	g.mlist(1) and the standard Shell `while' and `read' commands,
	like:

$ g.mlist type=rast pattern=2008-\*-foo \
      | while read r ; do \
            : ... do something... ; \
        done

	And the vectors can be concatenated using v.patch(1), like:

   v.in.region output=tmp_vector
   v.patch  -a output=resulting_vector input=tmp_vector