[GRASS-user] random raster map

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 08:58:49 EDT 2008

If You are interested in random surface (all cells with random values)
You can use r.mapcalc rand(min, max) or r.random.cells or
r.random.surface etc.
To get raster with random POINTS use r.random and provide random
SURFACE map as input for resulting point values.

Like this:
r.mapcalc rsurf=rand(min,max)
r.random input=rsurf raster_output=rpoints n=NUMBEROFPOINTS

I hope one of many GRASS user answers contained solution for You.
Maris.