[GRASS-user] how to differentiate point symbols?

Rei Hayashi rei.grass at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 09:58:12 EDT 2008

Hell everyone,

I am struggling to display point symbols now.  In the dbf file, there
are three columns.  First two columns contain the x and y coordinates.
 Third column contains four different values indicating some classes
(10=private, 20=federal, 30=local government and 40=no information).
I would like to differentiate the color of the symbols or/and the
shape of the symbols depending on the values in third column.  If you
know a command how to deal with such case, please advice me.

Thank you very much for your attention and help.

Rei Hayashi
rei.grass at gmail.com