[GRASS-user] import a folder full of shapefiles and reproject on-the-fly?

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Wed Jul 23 15:53:18 EDT 2008

Hello,
I am analysiing data for a whole country.
To get an idea of the landuse I would like to use corine landcover (CLC) tiles
in shapefile format.
My location is in Lat/Lon (WGS84).

Is there any way that I can import all tiles at once and also reprojecting the
CLC shapes into LL?

In the GRASS book I read that I would first need to create a location for each
file in their native projection. Then import it via v.in.ogr and later use
v.proj to get it into the location I am working in.

Please give me some hints here.

Thanks.

Timmie