[GRASS-user] Re: import a folder full of shapefiles and reproject on-the-fly?

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 04:45:09 EDT 2008

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008, Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> Tim Michelsen pisze:
>
>> If I want to change the projection of the lat/lon location with
>> g.setproj do I also need to reporject all layers inside that
>> location?
>
> I don't quite understand what you mean.

g.setproj does not automatically reproject maps when the projection of the
location changes. If you try runnig it you will see a nice big warning in
capital letters reminding you of that - presumably it was a concern of the
original g.setproj author that people might have overly high expectations
of its capabilities!

Paul