[GRASS-user] tips on GRASS Mac users

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Jul 25 18:16:49 EDT 2008

On Jul 25, 2008, at 9:34 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> On Jul 25, 2008, at 12:55 AM, maning sambale wrote:
>
>> How to configure middle-click for the zooming function in GRASS with
>> imacs mighty mouse?
>>
> GRASS (X11) takes mouse buttons as they are assigned in System
> Preferences->Keyboard & Mouse.  ie, if you set your mouse right-
> handed, the left and right will be switched in GRASS also.  I
> believe the middle button on the mighty mouse defaults to some OS
> feature (I don't have an iMac handy, but can check later), so you
> need to change it to a normal middle button.

I just checked.  Here are how the "Mac" logical mouse buttons match
"Unix" buttons (I don't know what button numbers they are):

Primary Button = left
Secondary Button = right
Button 3 = middle

So, it's the logical "Buttons" you have assigned in OSX that will
match logical buttons in X11.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely
inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro