[GRASS-user] exploding a color table

Jarosław Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Fri Jun 6 02:34:00 EDT 2008

Neil Best pisze:
> Has anyone come up with a way to convert a streched color table for a
> floating point map into a set of discrete colors?  I am thinking especially
> of NDVI, so I would like to generate the list of 256 colors along the NDVI
> floating point stretch to use with the result of r.recode that I used to
> convert my NDVI map to an integer map.  If I could properly set the color
> table for that new map then I could maintain the symbolization within GRASS
> rather than having to spew a list of 256 colors for a Mapserver
> configuration.  Any thoughts?

Hi
I cannot help you directly but once had heppened situation when I had
integer 16bit (CELL) dem with standard colortable, after operation in
mapcalc it had changed into into another integer with color table
asigned to each category (to every of 65656 categories!) It was
problematic becouse rendering time was veryyy long
and I trid to reproduce it, but it was over year ago
Or maybe it was occasional cvs bug?

Jarek