[GRASS-user] GIS workstation specs

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 06:21:13 EDT 2008

Hi,

Not entirely GRASS specific.
I was asked by our office to purchase a new PC as a GIS workstation.
We have existing PCs already on various specs and configuration
(mostly windows, some mac, 1 linux).  For the new PC, I was advised to
get the latest and greatest in the market.  Naturally, I prefer to use
Linux (for GIS, GRASS and the other OSGEO stack of course) as the main
OS.

I would like to ask the group for advise on what spec I should look
into to maximize the use of Linux and GRASS.  What are the latest
hardware I should propose?

cheers,
maning

--
| __.-._ |"Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great." -Yoda |