[GRASS-user] Any freely available topographical maps for (South-) Germany ?

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Jun 11 15:06:50 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 19:57 +0200, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I was asked about freely available geo-data concerning the South of
> Germany.
>
> AFAIK, best available elevation data are the SRTM3 data. About
> topographical data I am aware of some commercial data (1:25.000). The
> friend who asked me is satisfied with a 1:50.000 topo-map.
>
> Any "secret" sources?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Nikos

Besides the following links:

(topo-maps for Bavaria)

1.

http://www.gdi.bayern.de/Geowebdienste/geowebdienste.htm#TK50

I can't get following web-service running on my firefox under ubuntu
http://www.geodaten.bayern.de/ogc/getogc.cgi?request=getcapabilities

2.

some test data available here
http://www.geodaten.bayern.de/bvv_web/blva/index_direkt.html?navi=navi_fach.html&content=service/download.html