[GRASS-user] Centerlines of Polygons (skeletons)

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Wed Jun 18 17:22:39 EDT 2008

On 19.06.2008 00:01, Aurora Geomatics wrote:
> I wonder, is there a way to create a Voronoi diagram in GRASS?

There is the v.voronoi module, which is also the subject of one of  the
Summer of Code projects this summer. I've been looking at an algorithm
that creates Voronoi diagrams out of skeleton lines, but currently there
is no direct support for skeleton lines in GRASS, as far as I can tell,
perhaps if Martin P. gets interested he will develop this method and as
a by-product a v.skeleton module, but that won't probably happen autumn
if at all.

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>