[GRASS-user] Label placement mechanism in GRASS?

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Wed Jun 18 18:49:54 EDT 2008

On 19.06.2008 01:44, Nikos Alexandris wrote:

> I am fighting to get something on the screen. I have the impression that
> it works but I can't find the proper size (in metres)?
>
> Would this be considered as an extra feature? Estimating a default size?
>
> Excuse my ignorance if this is something extremely difficult or
> impossible.

It is a legitimate request ;) I'll look into getting it to calculate
some sane default value. Also note that I've had some problems getting
gis.m to display the label files produced by v.label.sa, as they are
very precise in both size and placement.

Use the v.distance or the gis.m measurement tool to measure a distance
that you find to be approximately the height of letters, and give this
distance to v.label.sa

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>