[GRASS-user] Label placement mechanism in GRASS?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 23:58:10 EDT 2008

Nikos:
> I am fighting to get something on the screen. I have the
> impression that it works but I can't find the proper size
> (in metres)?

I am not sure if v.label.la supports this, but with v.labels you can do fontsize= and then a standard size is used for all, not based on map units.

the idea with map unit sized labels is that street names go away when you zoom out far enough, etc.

beware that the curl words flag sets each letter as its own geocoord label, and so will look funny if you change the zoom from the one it was generated for.

Hamish