[GRASS-user] import multiple shapefiles automatically

Barbosa, A. Marcia a.m.barbosa at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jun 19 08:26:18 EDT 2008

Hi,

Another beginner's question. I need to import big groups of shapefiles to GRASS. So far I'm using

v.in.ogr 'dsn=C:/QGIS/species_shapefiles/XXX.shp' output=XXX -o

and replacing the names of the shapefiles by hand in each command line. But is there a way to tell GRASS to import all the shapefiles in a certain folder (I've tried *.shp but it didn't work), and give each output map the same name as the original shapefile?

Cheers,
Márcia

- - -
A. Márcia Barbosa