[GRASS-user] r.to.vect to selected locations only

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 21:34:54 EDT 2008

Nikos:
> > Assuming there is a raster map with areas (e.g. the
> > result of a classification).

has the previous suggested (weeks/months?) method worked?

(r.what or v.what.rast) -> r.reclass -> MASK -> 'g.region zoom='

'g.region zoom=' may be a bit slow; I don't know if that can be improved.
ISTR that it starts at the current region, not the map bounds, which might help speed things up if you want to zoom in on just one patch. (??)

G. Allegri:
> Ok, now it's clear. That's a good point... maybe one could write an
> algorithm similar to r.grow or r.lake: add pixels starting from a
> point until a pixel with the same category of the seed is found.

(r.what or v.what.rast) -> r.reclass -> r.grow -> 'g.region rast=' ?

or instead of r.reclass use r.mapcalc to create the isolated region before 'g.region zoom=' or r.grow.

Hamish