[GRASS-user] Re: Ongoing r.in.wms issue

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 21:42:10 EST 2008

Richard Chirgwin wrote:
> Previously you had asked me to supply the output with debug set. I
> think I had sent something, but in case I forgot

no, I just have had too much to do & the volunteer work has to take a
low priority sometimes.

> (office moves are very disruptive),

yeah, tell me about it...

> here is all the debug information that popped out:
> D1/1: -n
>
> Everything else is as you have seen before...

yeah, I had hoped it would have been a bit more informative. But that
is something to go on I guess, ie there is nothing else on the line
after the mysterious -n.

> - this is in line 437 of r.in.wms as it is now on trac.osgeo.org
> - it's on line 118 of wms.download

is this using updated versions of all the files in the
scripts/r.in.wms/ from this morning? i.e. including yesterday's
commits?

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/scripts/r.in.wms

> Unfortunately, I am not a programmer - not even a script programmer -
> and can't understand

in this case having it as a script actually makes the thing harder to
understand than if it were in a real programming language.
and even then r.in.wms is a bit dense.

> why eval "$line" is a problem on a Leopard machine but not on an
> OSX 10.4 machine.

? a change in a BSD helper app (awk, head, wc, etc.) ?
I only have OSX 10.4 to test with.

Ok -- to get full script debug output please change
#!/bin/sh
#!/bin/sh -x

at the top of each script (or '#!/bin/bash -x' as needed..)

then rerun.

then you should get all sorts of detailed output. Can you copy that
output in a file (compress if it's too huge) and send to me?

Hamish