[GRASS-user] Unable to import some raster and vector type maps

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 15:54:55 EDT 2008

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, Eric & Elga wrote:

> Thanks a lot Paul. I'll try this installing MinGW or Msys, as I thought it
> wasn't necessary with the native win version.
> I'll keep you posted.

GRASS is quite usable on Windows without MinGW/Msys: they aren't a
requirement for running the bulk of GRASS modules which are written in C,
nor for the startup or GUI (gis.m) which are written in Tcl - but a few
modules are written in Bourne shell script and will not run without a
bourne shell interpreter, which is not available on Windows. Unfortunately
you've managed come across two such modules...
FWIW the full list (more or less) of modules which are shell scripts is:
d.correlate
d.monsize
d.mvmon
d.out.gpsdrive