[GRASS-user] first littel experience with wxpython GUI

Dr. Manuel Seeger seeger at uni-trier.de
Tue Mar 18 05:21:57 EDT 2008

Hello all!
now I started wxpython the first time (willing to work).

First problem:
gis.m GUI shows in the start panel only thos mapsets where I can access
to modify.
wxpython shows all mapsets present, but then crashes when I try to
access those which were created by another user. I did not see any
information about the owner of the mapset.
This is annoying when you have several users working on a location.
I have myself at least 3 users: one working from my computer on the data
at the server, and at least 2 users of the serve via remote access.

I think we'll need there the sam filter as in the gis.m start panel.

I had this on both machines running ubuntu 7.10 and the newest GRASS
6.3.cvs. The server (where students access with remote access to
desktop) is a 64 bit machine.

Thanks!
Manuel

Dr. Manuel Seeger
Wiss. Assistent 			Scientific Assistant
Physische Geographie 			Dpt. of Physical Geography
FB VI - Geographie/Geowissenschaften 	Geography/Geosciences
Universität Trier			University of Trier
D - 54286 Trier
Tel.:	+49-651-201 4557
Fax:	+49-651-201 3976