[GRASS-user] v.centroids question

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Wed Mar 19 15:12:35 EDT 2008

On Mar 19, 2008, at 11:08 AM, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
>> John,
>>
>> maybe you could try
>>
>> v.clean with type=line,boundary,centroid,area tool=snap,break,rmdupl
>> thresh=.01
>>
>> Not sure but I suspect the "break" tool is what you might need.
>
> And then of course the rest with v.centroids

Nikos,

Thanks for the suggestion. I seem to be getting closer. I ran v.clean
as you suggested, then ran v.clean with tool=chdangle and a really big
threshold value. Now many more areas are available, but there are
still quite a few apparently closed polygons that are not being picked
up as areas. I'm playing around with different thresholds for snap and
various permutations of the various operations.

Thanks,
John