[GRASS-user] v.patch drops boundary vector regions

J. Brian Adams brian.adams at fandm.edu
Thu Mar 27 15:54:19 EDT 2008

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried running v.clean both after the patch and again before running
v.patch, but there were still many dropped regions.  Curiously though,
the regions that were dropped when I ran v.clean after the patch and
those that occurred when running v.clean on the individual vector maps
before patching were different.

An interesting characteristic of the data is that the pre-patched
vector maps are all disjoin; there is no overlap between them.  I
thought that this might be the culprit; that the dropped regions were
not in either side of the patched vectors, but that was not the case.
The dropped regions did exist in the pre-patched maps.

Any other thoughts?