[GRASS-user] mosaic with landsat geotiff

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Tue May 20 14:35:52 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 15:19 -0300, Juan Manuel Barreneche wrote:
> First i want to thank for all those who tryied to help.
>
> Unfortunately i'm still stucked with the mosaic problem: landsat images taken
> in different days won't overlay well, and i can't find a way to force them...

Juan,

as I read in the other thread (entitled: value differences between
landsat images), you already geo-referenced  your images but you still
have a significant shift (?).

How did you do your geo-referencing?

Is your area mountainous? Do you have elevation data?

If yes, you could try to incorporate z-data and ortho-rectify the
images. My small experience with SPOT images suggest to use elevation
data to get better results.

Nikos