[GRASS-user] again help

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Wed May 28 09:58:01 EDT 2008

>i dont understand how to let the program know if im working with a point
>layer, a line layer or a poligon layer. the program allows me to have all
>kinds of elements in one file. how do i deal with this?
>thanks a lot for the help

Grass allows all types of vector geometry to exist as one vector map; you may edit
and change the attributes of any point, line, area, boundary, and centroid as you wish.
Many Grass vector modules have a 'type' parameter that lets you control what vector
geometry you wish to modify (i.e., type=line, type=point, etc.).

Can you explain the specific problem you're encountering? Please list the exact commands
you entered.

~ Eric.