[GRASS-user] Re: grass-user Digest, Vol 25, Issue 67

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat May 31 02:01:26 EDT 2008

Hamish:

Richard Chirgwin wrote:
> I think you may be flattering my expertise if you think
> I'm competent for source code fixes! :-)

I don't think it's quite as hard as you might think- just to look at the text file and see what's there. Anyway I encourage all to explore it even if you are not comfortable with making too many changes.

The package dependency part of the spec file seems fairly clear. e.g.:
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/rpm/suse/grass-6.1.cvs-1suse.spec
Requires:       gdal >= 1.3
Requires:       tcl >= 8.3
Requires:       tk >= 8.3
Requires:       proj >= 4.4.9

adding another is just opening it up in a text editor and typing the line.

But it is probably better to sync that with Otto's 6.3.0 version before doing any more, as the GRASS svn copy is way out of date.

> I should however say, wrt YaST on OpenSuSE, that it's
> very ignorant of Grass and only returns a very ancient version
> (5.0.3-120).

Hmm, maybe someone could work on getting Otto's OpenSuSE packages into that.
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Application:/Geo/

(no idea)

Hamish