[GRASS-user] GRASS on cluster

Jose A. Ruiz-Arias jararias at ujaen.es
Tue Nov 4 13:57:33 EST 2008

Hi Jose Miguel,

two alternatives:

normally, you won't be the superuser (root) of the system. Then, you
should set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable in your user environment
including the lib directory of GRASS. For example, if you use bash, just
edit .bashrc in your home dir and add:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:<grass_install _dir>/lib

where <grass_install_dir> is where you have installed GRASS. Then save
it and do: source .bashrc

The another approach requires root privileges. Just add <grass_install
_dir>/lib to the file /etc/ld.so.conf (in Mandriva; in other
distributions should be something similar), save it, and run "ldconfig".

Hope this works,