[GRASS-user] r.mapcalc and mode values / labeling raster values

Christian Schwartze Christian.Schwartze at uni-jena.de
Tue Nov 11 06:15:30 EST 2008

Dear GRASS users,

maybe someone can answer my two questions...

1) I have a complex r.mapcalc construct containing a mode value calculation. So
what happens when there is more than one exclusive mode value in the expression
mode(a_1,...,a_n)? Random select? How to avoid it?

2) I always use the sequence  r.stats [...] | awk [...] | r.reclass [...] to
reassign raster labels according to my wishes. Now I wonder if  the
three-step-solution is the only one. For large raster maps the r.reclass part
takes very long. How to handle that?

Thanks a lot for your hints...!

Best regards,
Christian.