[GRASS-user] crossing raster and vector

Milton Cezar Ribeiro miltinho.astronauta at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 19:08:10 EST 2008

Dear all,
I have a cover map (in raster format), and a vector map with a lot of
regions.
Now I need to quantify the amount of each cover class from my raster map for
each region
of my vector map.

One option is I rasterize the vector map and use r.cross. But unfortunately
I can´t do that
because my regions have overlap with other regions.

So, I would like to know if can I do it with just a command, or if I need to
prepar a script for this.
As my raster map is very large (70,000 x 65,000 pixels) I think that one
choice is use
g.region to set the "extent" for every vector region, quantify the raster
classes inside the region,
and set g.region extent again.

Any expertise are wellcome :-)

Best wishes