[GRASS-user] crossing raster and vector

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Nov 12 05:02:00 EST 2008

On 12/11/08 01:08, Milton Cezar Ribeiro wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a cover map (in raster format), and a vector map with a lot of
> regions.
> Now I need to quantify the amount of each cover class from my raster map
> for each region
> of my vector map.

v.rast.stats - Calculates univariate statistics from a GRASS raster map
based on vector polygons and uploads statistics to new attribute columns ?

It's a script and can be a bit slow.

It would be great to make this into a C-module one day, maybe by
integrating starspan ? See Jonathan call for help quite a while ago:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2008-March/043787.html

Obviously, you can also use starspan directly [1].

Moritz

[1] http://starspan.casil.ucdavis.edu/doku/doku.php