[GRASS-user] Compile grass6_devel with ffmpeg support?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 23 21:17:14 EST 2008

Nikos wrote:
> thanks for the support. I can't *locate* the avformat.h file under my
> system. I can't find any ffmpeg-dev package in the ubuntu repositories.

try "apt-file" to search for which package contains a file. on debian:

$ apt-file search avformat.h
libavformat-dev: usr/include/ffmpeg/avformat.h

it may be that the FFMPEG files are not on the official repo due to
patent restrictions in certain countries, etc., in which case they'll be
in another (probably well signposted) repo somewhere you just have to
find them.

Hamish