[GRASS-user] Grass-GIS 6.4 on OSX

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Nov 26 00:22:58 EST 2008

Richard Chirgwin wrote:

> Two very quick questions regarding the Tiger version of Grass-GIS 6.4
> (from William K).
>
> 1) It is just me, or are the drop-down menus missing from the GIS
> manager GUI? (I can get by with command lines, but some of my users
> might jack up ...)
>
> 2) I'm trying to test a WFS; Grass asks for Xerxes-c support. How do I
> achieve this in the OSX environment?

First, note that the Xerces check in the v.in.wfs script is broken; it
uses "ldd", which (AFAIK) is specifc to Linux. You might want to try
removing the lines:

	if [ -z "`ldd $OGRINFO | grep xerces`" ] ; then
	  g.message -e "OGR needs to be compiled with xerces-c support"
	  exit 1
	fi

from the $GISBASE/scripts/v.in.wfs file.

Other than that, I don't know whether William's GDAL framework
includes Xerces. If it doesn't, you'll probably need to build GDAL
(and possibly Xerces itself) from source.