[GRASS-user] Grass-GIS 6.4 on OSX

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Nov 26 12:43:33 EST 2008

William Kyngesburye wrote:

> I've seen random ocurrences in wxpython GUI where the titlebar gets
> covered by the menbar.  I think it may have something to do with a
> mismatching runtime Python vs what GRASS was compiled for.

The only parts of the wx GUI which are "compiled" for any version of
[wx]Python are the vdigit and nviz modules. The core GUI doesn't
include any compiled code.

> > 2) I'm trying to test a WFS; Grass asks for Xerxes-c support. How do I
> > achieve this in the OSX environment?
> >
> ?  Asks for?
>
> My GDAL framework has Xerces support, for ILI and GML formats.
>
> There is no xerces program that GRASS can run, so Xerces would have to
> be used as a library and compiled into GRASS.

v.in.wfs uses v.in.ogr to perform the actual work, but this relies
upon GDAL/OGR having Xerces support.

The script tries to be clever and detect whether this is the case, but
the end result is that it often refuses to run simply because it
incorrectly concludes that GDAL lacks Xerces support.