[GRASS-user] How do you list/remobe subgroups of a group?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Oct 8 10:05:14 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 2:22 PM, Nikos Alexandris
<nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> Why can't we list subgroups of a specific group? Even more important, I
> think, is that there is no option to remove subgroups.
>
> Is it ok to remove subgroups manually? (e.g. "rm -r
> ~/grassdb/project/location/mapset/group/somegroup/somesubgroup")
>
> Is there a reason for not having these options?

Are you using an oldish GRASS version?
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/i.group.html

i.group [-rlg] group=name [subgroup=string] [input=name[,name,...]]
[--verbose] [--quiet]
Flags:
-r
    Remove selected files from specified group
-l
    List files from specified (sub)group (fancy)
-g
    List files from specified (sub)group (shell script style)