[GRASS-user] How do you list/remobe subgroups of a group?

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Oct 8 10:37:26 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 16:05 +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 2:22 PM, Nikos Alexandris
> <nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> > Why can't we list subgroups of a specific group? Even more important, I
> > think, is that there is no option to remove subgroups.
> >
> > Is it ok to remove subgroups manually? (e.g. "rm -r
> > ~/grassdb/project/location/mapset/group/somegroup/somesubgroup")
> >
> > Is there a reason for not having these options?
>
> Are you using an oldish GRASS version?
> http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/i.group.html
>
> i.group [-rlg] group=name [subgroup=string] [input=name[,name,...]]
> [--verbose] [--quiet]
> Flags:
> -r
>     Remove selected files from specified group
> -l
>     List files from specified (sub)group (fancy)
> -g
>     List files from specified (sub)group (shell script style)
>
> Or does it *fail*?
>
> Best
> Markus

Hi Markus!

It works. What I like to do is (using fakenames here) for example:
#list all subgroups of group=pca
g.list -sub group=pca

# or maybe
g.list type=subgroup group=pca

# output is a dozzen of subgroups, let's say:
pca_all
pca_half
pca_a
pca_b
pca_c
[...]

# then remove one of them
g.remove group=pca subgroup=pca_b

I imagine something like this. Wouldn't it be useful?

Best regards, Nikos