[GRASS-user] Scripting i.ortho.photo

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 16 05:10:06 EDT 2008

Andy:
> > What I would like to know is whether it is possible to batch run the
> > i.ortho.photo command - ie set up the parameters and control points
> > for a number of images but actually rectify them in a job
> > lot that can be left running overnight. I guess another way of phrasing
> > this is to know whether the photo.rectify and associated photo.
> > commands detailed in the reference manual can be called independently
> > of the i.ortho.photo menu.

Markus:
> In theory it should be possible since all the menu stuff generates
> a couple of ASCII files with reference points and so on.

right, if you look at the end of imagery/i.ortho.photo/menu/menu.c you
can see that each program runs as "$PGM group_name", except i.group

e.g., Andy try running:  $GISBASE/etc/photo.rectify group_name

I am not sure, do all the photo.* modules require interaction or does
e.g. photo.rectify just start running once you call it?

> Since the interactive classical monitor in GRASS 7 is demolished,
> we do need some scripted (Python) approach to run the underlying
> algorithms.

I won't be the one to do that, but I will convert the various photo.*
programs to use G_parser().

Hamish