[GRASS-user] Scripting i.ortho.photo

Andy Harfoot ajph at geodata.soton.ac.uk
Thu Oct 16 12:04:31 EDT 2008

Hamish wrote:
> Andy Harfoot wrote:
>> Unfortunately photo.rectify is interactive still so I think there's
>> modification to the code required before it can be executed using
>> parameters alone.
>
> in photo.rectify, is it just the setting of the corresponding output map
> names which is needed before the calculation begins, or is there more
> to fill in past that first screen?

There are two sets of inputs - the output map names, and subsequently,
the output region definition, with a choice between using the existing
or one calculated using the rectification parameters (with the option to
edit it). I guess that this could be simplified to a parameter choosing
between using the existing region (which could be set prior to the
rectification) or the calculated 'minimal' region, using the existing code.

>> I think photo.rectify is the key as all the other elements of the
>> i.ortho.photo sequence generate text files in the group directory to
>> store the parameters, and these could be created independently
>
> so that's the only one that takes much computational time right?

Yes.

I hope that helps - I'm currently using the GRASS 6.3 binaries in
Cygwin. Is it naive to assume that I can compile your updated
i.ortho.photo code and drop it into my 6.3 install?

Cheers,

Andy

--
Andy Harfoot