[GRASS-user] generalize a map of points

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Sun Oct 19 07:50:49 EDT 2008

On 19.10.2008 14:05, Maris Nartiss wrote:
> If messages are allowed to collide, how about looking at it length to
> determine they top->bottom ordering? Like - if "foo" and "barbarbar"
> are colliding, then display "foo" on top of "barbarbar".

Hmm... Well that would be more complicated... I think d.labels diplays
the labels in the order they are in the label file (Hamish probably
knows), so I'd have to change the order they are in the file or else
maybe d.labels could do that?

I'm now working on José María's wish for v.label.sa to hide colliding
labels based on some weight db column.

--Wolf

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>