[GRASS-user] "Re: Contents of grass-user digest... HOW TO INSTALL GRASS"

Van PD Tri vpdtri at ctu.edu.vn
Mon Oct 20 01:51:31 EDT 2008

Hi to all,

Thanks Nikos!

I have just practised your guidance (i.e. > (a) You can launch grass
from a terminal by typing: grass -gui)

After doing it, the following error appear:

dtat at dtat-desktop:~$ grass -gui
The program 'grass' is currently not installed.  You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install grass
bash: grass: command not found

I wonder why because I did run the command

sudo apt-get install grass

And it looks like I was doing successful.

Could you please give me further help.

Best regards,

Tri Van