[GRASS-user] How to install Grass into Ubuntu

Matt B mattslists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 05:31:15 EDT 2008

Hello list,
I'm using Grass on ubuntu 8.04. Weird thing is that unless I run it "sudo
grass" I get a bunch of errors (and it's unusable) related to grass not
having the correct permissions to write to where I keep the data (ie the
users home directory). It's not a show stoppper at the moment and only
slightly annoying. I'm not sure why this is but I have some ideas to hunt
down when I get time. I used the standard ubuntu install and assume its
something to do with the ubuntu setup script.

Matt