[GRASS-user] Re: v.digit-grass64 (Martin Landa)

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 07:05:00 EDT 2008

Hi,

2008/10/20 Joop Goedbloed <jlgoedbloed at hetnet.nl>:
> To get contibution areas for the sewer system of the city I have  converted
> the base-map (DXF-DWG format) into grass63
> and digitized it (75 km2) with v.digit tcktk.
> every line is green with a blue centroide.
> Then export them to esri shape-files and import the shape-files  in
> InfoWorks.
> every thing seems OK. The roofs the streets etc. looks like areas island.
> and line are closed polygons
>
> I suppost v.digit (tcltk grass63) is working well (not buggy).

as far as I remember from your screenshot:

tcl/tk v.digit --- green color for boundaries which shares two areas,
orange for boundaries which shares only one area (left/right)
wx vdigit -- green for one area / orange for two shared areas

in tcl/tk v.digit I would not expect that outline boundaries will be
green (i.e. that shares two areas)

in wx digitizer I would expect that boundaries between area and isle
will be green not orange (i.e. shares only one valid area)

Anyway it's just the way how vector features are visually interpreted
based on their topology. When you export date e.g. to ESRI Shapefile
result will be the same.

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *