[GRASS-user] getting the number of occurences of different classes in a moving window neighbourhood

Hufkens Koen koen.hufkens at ua.ac.be
Mon Oct 20 07:28:25 EDT 2008

Hi list,

I'm looking for a way to extract the occurence (number of pixels of a certain class in a moving window) of a certain class in a moving window neighbourhood and write this to a map. r.neighbors only provides summarized versions of what I need. Is there a way to calculate this basic statistic without resorting to too much coding or exporting my maps into R or matlab?

Kind regards,
Koen