[GRASS-user] getting the number of occurences of different classes in a moving window neighbourhood

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 10:16:09 EDT 2008

Hello,
You can use r.mapcalc to perform any calculations based on cell
surrounding cell values/presence. See more information in r.mapcalc
help page [1] or take a look at r.lake [2] help page to see how cell
value is calculated based on neighborhood cell values with mapcalc.

WBR,
Maris.
1.  http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/r.mapcalc.html
2. http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/r.lake.html