[GRASS-user] Geotiff export error (extra row and column)

Hufkens Koen koen.hufkens at ua.ac.be
Mon Oct 20 07:37:33 EDT 2008

Hi list,

I've recently noticed that when exporting maps as Geotiff GDAL adds an extra row and column to the map. Within grass this data is not there. For example my map that measures 4509 rows and 4359 columns gets exported as a tiff of size 4510 by 4360.

The added row and column are empty and can be removed easily but it still is an inconvenience and it should not be there in the first place. Any idea what causes this error and how it can be solved?

Kind regards,
Koen