r.terraflow error - Re: Re: [GRASS-user] grass

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Oct 20 18:50:19 EDT 2008

Markus Neteler wrote:

> due you have any clue about below error?

> > I am getting the exact same error. Windows XP, SP2 and Grass 6.3. 4GB memory.
> > 2147 rows, 1984 columns. All I did was add the raster, draw it and try and
> > run terraflow,
> > both MFD and SFD give the same error.

It might be an EOL issue.

In 6.x, r.terraflow/Makefile has its own linking rules, and they don't
include $(FMODE_OBJ). The file is opened with open() followed by
fdopen(). The fdopen() has the "b" modifier, but I don't know if that
works for fdopen() (the MSDN documentation implies that it should, but
that may just be because the fopen() documentation was copied
verbatim).

In 7.0, r.terraflow uses the normal linking rules from Compile.make
(the trade-off is that it doesn't build the "short" version, only the
"float" version).