[GRASS-user] Fwd: calculate values of an attribute table column

Stefanie Obmann stef_ob at gmx.at
Tue Oct 21 06:36:52 EDT 2008

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:37:07 +0200
Von: "Stefanie  Obmann" <stef_ob at gmx.at>
An: grass-user-owner at lists.osgeo.org
Betreff: calculate values of an attribute table column

Dear GRASS users,

I'm working with a vector map with an attribute table. I'm using the GRASS tools with QGIS.
I added a new column to my table and I don't know why my 'start editing' buttons aren't activ.
I'd like to get those new values by calculating the difference of 2 other existing columns.

Do you know any solution for that?

Further I thought about doing the calculation within the GRASS shell but I don't know what tool I should use and how. for example the db.execute, but I couldn't find any calculation possibility in it.

thanks,
stef
Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortview.php?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx