[GRASS-user] Help: Converting a raster map between locations (from wgs84 lat / long to UTM)

Corrado ct529 at york.ac.uk
Wed Oct 22 12:44:47 EDT 2008

Dear friends,

I am trying to convert a GTOPO30 DEM (raster) map (for UK) from lat / long wgs
84 to UTM for UK.

I am running into rserious problems. I am using the procedure as described in
the book open source gis a grass gis approach"

1) in the WGS84 lat long location (ukll) I resize the map using d.zoom
2) I save the new region as well as the new sub-raster (for scotland)
3) I open grass in the UTM location
4) I try to import using

r.proj in=gtopo30_cs out=gtopo30_cs_utm location=ukll mapset=PERMANENT
method=cubic --o

All I can get is: ERROR: Input map is outside current region

What am I doing wrong? I have tried so many different alternative solution.

Best,
--
Corrado Topi

Global Climate Change & Biodiversity Indicators
Area 18,Department of Biology
University of York, York, YO10 5YW, UK
Phone: + 44 (0) 1904 328645, E-mail: ct529 at york.ac.uk