[GRASS-user] Wrong projection info after importing Geotif

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Oct 25 08:50:54 EDT 2008

Agus,

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Agustin Lobo <Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es> wrote:
> Thanks Markus,
> but this should not be the correct way for r.in.gdal to work,
> should it? I mean that the default is reading the
> the geotif with its own region, which should not
> be interfered by the current region unless you use
> the -o option. Am I wrong?

since I still don't know which steps you really did (apparently
you created the location from the GeoTIFF file?)
I don't know how to help. Maybe I just missed that.

> Anyway, my problem for applying your solution is
> described in message
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2008-October/047198.html
>
> (I set up the default region using qgis

OK, but in QGIS, what did you do to set up the default region?

> and, by some reason, was wrong and cannot modify it)

To reproduce it, I would need the steps in a detailed way...
(say, due to work overload I am most motivated with the
full procedure :-).

Markus